Create an event in LiveWhale calendar
- From the
tab, click in the top right corner.
- "Add a new event" opens. Enter an informative title for the event (required) and a short summary of the event (optional).
- If you do not want your event to be shared on other calendars, click the earth icon. Click the star icon if you want your event to display as an upcoming event on the public calendar.
- Click event image.
to add or change the
- Select the appropriate "Post event as" option:
- Live: The event will publish to the live calendar as soon as the event is created.
- Hidden: The event will not publish until it is changed to .
- Planned: The event will publish at a specified date and time.
- Enter the event date, and a time if applicable. Check the applicable boxes for "All-day event", "End time" (and add an end time), or "Recurring event".
- Enter the event location. You can add a location, or click and browse global and local locations available in your calendar.
- Check the applicable boxes for "Event Type (or types) for this event", "Audience(s)", and "Campus(es)". For guidance on event categories, see LiveWhale event category best practices.
- In "Tags", enter text to add tags to your event. If you want to show all available tags, click and select the tags you want.
- Add "Event details" and "Contact information" in the text editors provided.
- To link to another event, web page, or file, add it under "Related content".
- Under "Event Cost", select from:
- Event Cost
- Suggested Donation
- To have RSVPs for your event, check the box next to RSVP and follow the instructions in Manage RSVPs in LiveWhale events.
- Under "Sharing and Privacy", you can send suggestions for your event to specific groups.
- Under "Privacy Options", select your audience:
- This group (group name) only
- Any logged-in user
- Anyone with the link (link to event)
- When finished, click
. To view the event in the calendar, click .
Events Calendar Documentation resources and social media channels