Manage images in LiveWhale calendar
On this page:
Create an image collection
- From the tab, select .
- Enter the name of the collection and click .
Add an image
- Click your image collection name or go to . Click .
- "Add a new image" opens. Give the image a name.
- Click the star icon if you want the image to be featured on the public site. Click the earth icon if you want your image to be used by other users.
- Under "Upload a new image", click the button to select a file from your computer. You can also drag and drop for a quick upload. Images must be less than 10 MB in size.
LiveWhale will resize images, but you get best results using the following dimensions:
- Hero image: 1024 pixels × 512 pixels (2:1 aspect ratio)
- Other images: 768 pixels × 512 pixels (3:2 aspect ratio)
- Add a caption for the image. The caption must be descriptive and convey the same message as the image. For example, if the image is that of children playing in the park, the caption should say something like "Children playing in the park". The description of the image should create the same user experience for anyone with a visual disability as it would for a person without a visual disability.
- If the image contains textual information, the caption must communicate that textual information. For example, if the image has textual information that says "Admission to the event is free", the caption for the image must also include that information.
- If the image is for decorative purposes only, check .
- Under "Credit", enter the image attribution.
- Add a location to the image in the "Location" field. Type the location in the field, or check the box to add a new location.
- If you are adding the image to a collection, select the collection from the drop-down menu.
- Add tags to the image by typing the tags or clicking and selecting the tags.
- Add any keywords.
- Enter the date for the image.
- When finished, click .