Linked calendars in LiveWhale
Add an iCal feed from an external calendar to display in your LiveWhale calendar:
- From the tab, select .
- "Linked Calendars" will open. Click .
- "Add a new linked calendar" opens. Enter the iCal URL. To link to a Google calendar, click
- To add an iCal feed for another LiveWhale calendar to the "Linked Calendars" section of your events calendar, see the Feed Builder page on the Events documentation site.
- Obtain a JSON feed for the events calendar you want to use as a linked calendar in your events calendar. The JSON feed URL might look something like this:
- In the JSON feed URL, change the following:
- The id of the group calendar (
999in the example above) to the group name of the calendar
The URL should now look something like this:
https://events.iu.edu/live/ical/events/group/Group Name of the Calendar
- Test the iCal feed URL by pasting it in a browser.
- Add the iCal feed to the "Linked Calendars" section of your calendar.
- To add an image, see Add/change images.
- Click to make sure the feed URL works.
- In the "Calendar Title" field, enter the name of the calendar.
- The information entered after the title field will only work with new events from the linked calendar.
- If you want the feed items to be featured, click the star icon. If you want other groups to share the feed, click the earth icon.
- Under "Event Link", check the box if you want the link to go to the original site.
- Add a description for the linked calendar.
- To add a link to a web address, specific event, or file, enter that information under "Related Content".
- Under "Location", add the event location.
- Check the applicable boxes for event types, audiences, and campuses.
- Add Tags by typing the tag name or by clicking and selecting from the list of available tags.
- Add contact information and event cost (if applicable).
- Under "Sharing and Privacy", select who may view the calendar on the public website:
- Your group only
- Any logged-in user
- Anyone with a link
- When finished, click .