Manage RSVPs in LiveWhale events
On this page:
Set up an RSVP
- Set up an RSVP when adding a new event by checking the box next to RSVP.
- In "RSVP basics", enter the email address of the event organizer.
- Add any instructions in the "Special instructions?" field.
- In the "Text" field for your automated email response, enter any special text you want to include in your registrants' confirmation message.
- To be notified of RSVPs, check the box for "Notify by email when RSVPs are submitted".
- RSVP confirmation: In the confirmation email WYSIWYG editor, type additional information to send to every registrant.
- RSVP reminder: To automatically send a reminder to all registrants one day before the event, check the box for , and type any custom message in the WYSIWYG editor.
- RSVP follow-up: To automatically send a follow-up email the day after the event, check the box for , and type any custom message in the WYSIWYG editor.
- Under "Limiting RSVPs", you may enter a number for the maximum number of RSVP attendees and the maximum attendees per RSVP submission.
- To enable a waitlist, check the box for "Enable waitlist". When the waitlist is enabled, enter the maximum number of waitlisted attendees.
- To limit attendees to specific email addresses or domains (such as
@iu.edu), enter that information under "Limit attendees to specific email addresses or domains".
- To have a specific registration period, check the box for "Set a time and date for RSVP start and/or cutoff?", and enter dates and times for the start and end of the registration periods.
- Under "Additional fields", these are unchecked by default, but you can select them if needed:
- Dietary preferences
- Other dietary considerations
- How are you attending this event?
If you'd like any of those options to be required, select.
- "If you require any accommodations to participate, please describe the needed accommodation(s) and include your preferred contact information to allow for follow-up to discuss your needs" is selected by default, and the Office of Institutional Equity requires the field to be included on all RSVP forms. It should not be deselected.
- Continue creating the event.
Review the responsibilities of the IU event host and arrangers regarding accessibility accommodations.
- If you have RSVPs to your event, go to the tab; if there are new RSVPs, a number will display in parentheses.
- "Manage Event Registrations" opens. Events with registrations display in the list. Select the event you want to manage.
- The event registration page shows the total confirmed attendees, total waitlisted attendees, and total attendees attended.
- You can select to get a printable list of registrants, export to CSV, or email all registrants.
- View the list of registrants below. It lists the registrants, when they registered, and contact information.
- Check the box next to the registrant. At the top, you can select to do the following:
- To send a message to registrants, select . Enter a message to send to all registrants will open. Compose the message. When finished, click .